We are looking to recruit new guest bloggers to join our growing team of expert bloggers on active lifestyles, music, sports, entrepreneurship, travel and more...
This is your chance to be part of our site. Do you have what it takes to write for Roo Outdoor? Then you could become a RooOutdoor.com guest blogger!
We're looking for guest bloggers to help fill our site with interesting and informative articles and opinions. We want original, exciting and interesting posts on any of the many areas covered by the Roo Outdoor brand, from personal experiences to news and reviews.
We particularly like: stuff that hasn't been done a hundred times before (please), list posts done creatively, artwork, photos, info-graphics, videos, anything topical, funny writing, genuinely useful and interesting content, things that make you go 'ooh'. We know you can do it!
There's a style guide and a few pointers below for you to get an idea of what we are after so have a read and let your imagination go wild. Email media@RooOutdoor.com with your pitches - submissions we are excited by will receive replies.
Guest Blogging Rules:
So you're thinking of writing a guest blog for RooOutdoor.com? That’s great! But before you begin here's a few do’s and don’ts to keep in mind as you write.
1) No profanity. RooOutdoor.com is a family-friendly site so please, think of the children! As a result the following will not be tolerated:
- Intolerant or offensive views or language
- Graphic sexual references
2) Keep it friendly. We're all friends here so there's no need to get personal. Any content suspected to be a blatant attack on an individual or organization is not acceptable.
3) No overt product placement please. Okay so maybe you have a particular favorite brand (What? Not Roo Outdoor?). You're entitled to your opinions, but we don't need to hear about it in every other sentence.
4) Limit your links. We know that spam is more than just Hawaiian lunchmeat. Please don't stuff your post full of links we have to remove.
5) Give yourself credit. We know you work hard to write a quality blog for us. So you deserve credit! We will gladly link to your personal blog and/or your Twitter page in your author bio.
6) Just for you. Being a 'creatitive' for Roo Outdoor is about allowing bloggers show off their work and gain exposure, so sadly we don't allow links to corporate or retail sites.
7) Make it original. As companies go, you have to admit Roo Outdoor is a true original! So we want original copy. Not only will we check for plagiarism and cross posting, but those posts will not be published -- and that doesn't make us happy because we want to showcase your stories.
8) Back it up. As much as we all like a good gossip, we want to stay away from pricey libel lawsuits. Please don't make any statements you can't back up!
9) The Editor's decision is final, that's why he's the Editor.
Projects are appointed on a per-campaign basis. Each campaign will have its own timeline, which may include weekends.
Background and Experience:
If you have a college degree or are a current college student, who has proven yourself academically and is eager to learn and grow with Roo Outdoor, then we want you!
Compensation and perks:
We offer access to an experienced senior leadership team and, if appropriate, lots of Roo Outdoor gear!!
*Please email a cover letter, resume and/or sample of work to email@example.com, with the relevant job title in the subject line.